The Android phone supports both POP and IMAP. IMAP will
allow you to retrieve emails and folders from SmarterMail and leave the
emails on the server. POP will allow you to retrieve emails from the server
Inbox folder only, and will delete email from the server after a specified
number of days, usually 14.
Follow these steps to create a SmarterMail POP or IMAP
Account on your Android Phone
- On your Android device, navigate to the settings menu
- Click Accounts & Sync, or equivalent menu.
- Click Add Account.
- Select Email as the account type
- Select the Protocol you want to use. Generally most people use POP.
- Complete the Email Address, Username (same as email address), and Password fields.
- Select Manual Setup
- In the POP Server field type in mail.yourcompanydomain.com.
- Ensure Security type is SSL.
- Ensure Server port is 995.
- Click Next.
- Enter your Outgoing Server Settings :
- For the Username field type in your full email address.
- Type in your password
- In the SMTP Server field type in mail.yourcompanydomain.com.
- Leave Security as SSL
- Ensure Server port is 465
- SMTP Authentication is required before sending emails.
- Ensure your email address and same password are in place.
- Click next and then save your details.
- Your mail account is now ready for use.
A mail server is the computerized equivalent of your friendly neighborhood mailman. Every email that is sent passes through a series of mail servers along its way to its intended recipient. Although it may seem like a message is sent instantly – zipping from one PC to another in the blink of an eye – the reality is that a complex series of transfers takes place. Without this series of mail servers, you would only be able to send emails to people whose email address domains matched your own – i.e., you could only send messages from one example.com account to another example.com account.
Why the upgrade?
1 . Our webmail is completely rearchitected for a superfast, scalable and awesome user experience
2. One webmail licence covers everything
3. Automation is easy with our mail server
you will need an IT guy if you have to do this. We work with the best professionals. IT, also known as information technology, indicates the transfer or other use of information through computers or computer systems. IT professionals do a number of different tasks and Not many companies offer quality New York IT services these days but here you can find great professionals. They are the people who test, build, install, repair, or maintain the hardware and software associated with complex computer systems in one or more locations.
Some companies will hire several IT professionals throughout the world in order to maintain their wide range of networks of computer systems. The nature of the internet allows IT professionals to do their jobs from any location. But in certain instances, like when there is a hardware issue, the IT professional will need to physically alter the broken system.
Jan 21 2016, 1:30pm:
The mail server is running normally.
Jan 21 2016, 11:45am:
This morning we discovered one of our corporate user accounts had been compromised. This allows a spammer to send spam email through our server to literally hundreds of thousands of recipients with machete reviews. We caught the problem quickly but the damage has been done. We have turned off the SMTP service for a short while until we can clear out the mail queue. The result is nobody can send email for the time being. We hope to have this rectified within an hour or so.
How to enable SMTP authentication in Outlook Express
Follow the steps below to configure Outlook Express to use SMTP authentication
- From the top menu, click on “Tools,” Select “Accounts…”
- Select the account which you want to configure and click “Properties”
- Go to the “Servers” tab and check “My server requires authentication”
- Click on the “Settings” button
- In the “Outgoing Mail Server” dialogue box, click “Use same settings as my incoming mail server” radio button
- 6.Click “OK” on all dialogue boxes
Simple and elegant design
How to set up your Mag-Net Smartermail account on your iPhone
If you are using a mail client such as Outlook or Windows Live Mail, and you are using POP3 protocol to download your mail, these must be set to leave mail on the server for a period of time else your server inbox will always be empty and your phone will not be able to pull down all of your mail.
Creating an account in your iPhone
1. Select ‘Settings’ Icon
2. Scroll down until you see ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars’ and select this item.
3. Under the heading ‘Accounts’ – select ‘Add Account’ (You will now see ‘mail server’ preselect options such as Hotmail, Yahoo etc.) – select ‘Other’ from this list.
4. Under the heading ‘Mail’ – select ‘Add Mail Account’ and enter ;
• Name: Joe Blogs
• Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Password: xxxx
• Description: (eg – my work email)
5. Now select ‘Next’.
The iPhone will now check account information and will bring you to a new window once done. By default the connection is encrypted via SSL. We do support SSL but you may get a pop up window saying: Can’t connect using SSL. Would you like to try without SSL? – select ‘YES’. Be patient.
This is where you will set up incoming and outgoing server information.
6. In the new window you will see IMAP and POP – select ‘POP’.
7. Under “INCOMING MAIL SERVER” – enter details.
• Host Name: mail.yourdomainname.com
• User Name: email@example.com
• Password: (enter your password)
8. OUTGOING MAIL SERVER – enter details:
• Host Name: mail.yourdomainname.com
• User Name (NOT Optional): firstname.lastname@example.org
• Password (NOT Optional): (enter your password)
The iPhone will now verify the email account info.
You may get a pop up window saying: Can’t connect using SSL. Would you like to try without SSL? – select ‘YES’.
9. The account is created.
Go back to your email icon on the main screen of your iPhone.
Select your specific email account and test.
Every wonder what is happening with the Internet in a certain part of the world. Not able to load a web site or can’t connect to something. This site will give a bit of insight into the why and how of that and possibly give a sense of just how frail this thing called the Internet is. Go to www.internettrafficreport.com and see for your self what is doing.
We also recommend to take a look at this review before you buy your lens.
If you receive an email from anyone asking you to follow a web link and provide your user account information, don’t do it. Mag-Net will never ask you to do such a thing without posting the instruction on our web page as well as sending email.
It is good practice to pay attention to the Internet domain of the sender and the path of the web link before clicking on the link. These messages are what is called “Phishing Email” and these are being sent with much greater frequency these days.Read more on www.maldonlocksmith.co.uk